Indigestion(dyspepsia) is a common problem in most of the population around the world. These problems could be due to improper lifestyle, stress, over-eating, lack of exercise. If this is left untreated or not taken care off then it could result in ulcer and acid re flux.
Reasons for indigestion
Nowadays people are so busy in their work that they don’t even take care of their health. Work is main goal for working population. They always think of taking care of their health, sometime even they start doing something and take attention on their health. But in long run they don’t even continue to look forward to it.
Too much oily food could also result in indigestion problem. It creates and immense pressure on your digestive system. Fat is dissolve slowly in comparison to protein or other nutrients.
Lack of exercise
Exercise is good for your muscles, inside and out. The digestive system includes multiple organs that connect in a long, winding path from your mouth to your anus, breaking down food and extracting nutrients along the way. Your digestive system and related organs contain a layer of muscle that must contract to move food through the system. Lack of exercise may inhibit these contractions and cause problems. Consult your medical doctor if you experience persistent digestive problems [Source]
Digestion is controlled by the enteric nervous system, a system composed of hundreds of millions of nerves that communicate with the central nervous system. When stress activates the “flight or fight” response in your central nervous system, digestion can shut down because your central nervous system shuts down blood flow, affects the contractions of your digestive muscles, and decreases secretions needed for digestion. Stress can cause inflammation of the gastrointestinal system, and make you more susceptible to infection. [Source]
Not eating timely
It has been seen that we don’t give enough preference when it comes to eat food on time. We are engaged in our work so much that we often ignores the timely food habits. We think we could have food anytime we want. But studies and have shown that those who don’t eat food timely are more often. Even according to Ayurveda “Those who wants to be healthy,the first thing they have to do is to eat food on time “.
Less water consumption
Most of us don’t drink appropriate amount of water in our daily routine. What we use to do is, when we feel thirsty only then we start drinking water. Sometimes if you stayed long in AC room you won’t feel thirty often. This causes lack of hydration, which could cause acidity. Even after eating people drink water just after having food, but it’s recommended that you should drink water only after 20-30 minutes of having meal.Else this causes acidity or indigestion issues.
Symptoms of Indigestion
You can have following symptoms after eating or drinking:
- Heartburn : A painful burning sensation in the chest area, often after eating.
- Full and bloated : Feeling full and bloated
- Farting often : You could start fart often.
- Mood problem : You will start feeling not to do any work or eat anything.
When you don’t have Indigestion?
Pain in back or ache usually don’t count as a symptom for indigestion. You could have constipation if you have these.
Precautions during Indigestion
- Don’t eat food 3-4 hours before going to bed.
- After having dinner you should not stay awake for long as this might cause acidity issues.
- Don’t have spicy or high fat content food.
- If condition worsen, please consult your doctor.
- Eat food properly on time.
- Drink water to make yourself hydrated always.
8 DIY Natural Home Remedies to Treat Indigestion/Acidity
Apple Cider Vinegar/Honey
- Take a glass and pour it with lukewarm water.
- Put one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- One tea spoon of honey.
- Mix the solution well.
- Consume after having food-20-30 minutes post meal.
- Take fennel seeds and roast and dry them up.
- Grind it well.
- Take luke warm water.
- Mix one teaspoon of fennel powder.
- Stir the mixture well
- Use it after 1-2 hours of meal, twice a day.
Ginger and lemon
These anti-inflammatory properties are of special interest to researchers, particularly when it comes to acid reflux. This is because inflammation in the esophagus is a key characteristic of the condition. Ginger may also reduce nausea, prevent muscle pain, and ease swelling. [Source]
- Take 2 teaspoon of ginger juice in a bowl.
- Put 1 tea spoon lemon juice into it.
- A pinch of black salt and common alt is then added.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Consume it with/without water after 1 hours of meal.
Baking soda acts as a home made antacid. This works in same way as other antacid works.
- Take water in in a glass
- Put one teaspoon of baking soda into it and mix it well.
- Drink the solution after 1-2 hours of meal.
Note : Don’t drink if you had over-eating.
The active enzymes in ajwain help in boosting our digestive functions by facilitating the release of gastric juices
- Dry roast Carom seeds and grind it well
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of Carom seed powder into a bowl
- Mix one pinch of black salt into it.
- Eat the mixture after 20 minutes of having meal.
- Drink lukewarm water just after consuming the mixture.
Take this mixture in morning and evening after having food.
Cumin seeds have a natural ability to help in stimulation and release of vital enzymes in the body, especially in the pancreas. Synthesis of these enzymes is extremely important for the digestion and control of acidity. These enzymes also turn out to be very helpful in the concentration of vital nutrients. [Source]
- Dry roast cumin seeds and grind it.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seed powder in a glass.
- Add lukewarm water water into it.
- Mix the solution well.
- Have this twice a day during morning and evening after having food.
Aloe vera is said to be most appropriate home made recipe that could help you treat indigestion easy and fast. It is also know for it’s boosting digestion properties. Due to it’s inflammatory and laxative components , it helps in improving digestion too. It normalises pH level and acidity from your digestive system. With daily usage of consuming aloe vera juice you can easily get rid of digestion issues. You can read about more on Aloe Vera here .
- Take aloe vera juice-4 teaspoon in a glass.
- Pour normal water and mix it.
- Drink before eating- 20 minutes before having meal.
- If you have more problem then you can consume even after meal.
- Take mint and coriander leave and take juice out of them.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of mint and 2 teaspoon of coriander juice in a glass
- Add butter milk into it.
- Consume during meal.
- This will make your digestion strong.
Some useful Tips to Prevent Indigestion/Acidity
- Drink water after 20-30 minutes after food intake.
- Chew food properly mixed properly with your saliva.
- Eat less spicy food.
- Try to eat less meat, since meat is hard to digest.
- Eat less during night meal.
Liked the post. Pin us, Do SHARE us …!!!
If you have any queries or question, please do comment.