Green tea existed for long period of time from past till present. Let it be hair problem , skin issue, or health issue. In this post we will discuss about what are the known green tea benefits and facts behind them.
What is Green Tea?
Green tea is a type of tea that is made from Camellia Sinensis leaves that has undergone withering and oxidation process. Green tea was originated in China, but it spread out throughout different countries of Asia. There are numerous varieties of green tea, which differs based on growing condition, process of production and time of harvest.
Why Green Tea?
It is rich in many nutrients and antioxidant. It is one of the healthiest beverages in the world.It is having loads of benefits which includes getting rid of fat in body,fighting with cancer, rich hair growth and many other benefits too.
Now let us take a look on how this simple thing can do wonders to your health.
- Many of the bio-active compounds in the tea leaves do make it into the final drink, which contains large amounts of important nutrients.
- It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants. These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage. These free radicals are known to play a role in aging and all sorts of diseases.
2.Makes you smarter
Green tea can do more than just keep you awake, it can also make you smarter. Smarter means not in terms of intelligence, but in terms of brain functioning.
- The key ingredient is caffeine, which is a known stimulant,which is actually responsible for stimulating blood in our body which could be helpful in making ourselves more active all day long.It doesn’t contain as much as coffee, but enough to produce a response without causing the “jittery” effects associated with too much caffeine.
- It contains less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce an effect, also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can work synergistic-ally with caffeine to improve brain function.
3.Fat burning and physical performance
If wondering how to get the fat burned fast,the answer is green tea.
- With just two time a day,cup of green tea and bit of exercise can boost up your metabolism and burn some fat.You can see the result in few months if you are regular.
- It has been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term, although not all studies agree.
Cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells. It is one of the world’s leading causes of death.It is well known that oxidation damage contributes to the development of cancer and that antioxidants can have a protective effect.
- There is no conclusive evidence that green tea cures cancer, while there exists suggestive evidence,still it does not indicate that it benefits in cancer.
- While the high antioxidant content could help in reducing the cancer cells to produce within the body.
- Try not to put milk into your tea as it would reduce the antioxidant count.
5. Can Help You Lose Weight
- Given that green tea can boost the metabolic rate in the short term, it makes sense that it could help you lose weight.
- Several studies show that green tea leads to decreases in body fat, especially in the abdominal area.But still there is no conclusive evidence that it helps in weight loss.
6. Green Tea for Hair care
- Due to high antioxidant content it is mostly preferable for healthy hair. Antioxidant helps in controlling the DHT(Dihydro-testosterone) which is actually responsible to hinder the hair growth. Component in green tea reacts with testosterone to make sure that level is DHT remains in a threshold level and does not react with 5-alpha reductase to convert it to DHT.
- People who underwent hair transplant should have green tea, since antioxidant helps in stimulating blood within our body.
- Studies have shown the cor-relationship between regular consumption of green and lower risk of cardio-vascular diseases.
- With regular consumption of it could also help in lower risk of stroke.
Thanks for reading the post.Please do comment and let us know for any queries.